Hats…are….done….

I seem to have spent most of my time today tearing my hair out over tricorn hats. Impossible to get the blasted brims to stand without collapsing under their own weight! Try as I might, I just ended up with the floppy Cap’n Jack look. I tried coat-hanger wire, net curtain wire, boning, hobby wire, all to no avail. Then, after about  4 hours of faffing , dug out some hessian and  interlined the brim with it…success! The rest was easy, making and attaching fabric flowers to mine and a big red feather boa to Gary’s. We’ve painted the masks gold, and they look a treat, though I say so myself. I would post some pics, but it’s 2am and the batteries in the camera are flat.